Sesame oil is a by-product of sesame seeds which is used for cooking purpose. It is enriched with various essential nutrients as well as antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
This magical potion offers countless beauty and health care benefits. It is mild and affordable. The pleasant smell emanating from this oil makes it an ideal base for massage oils. Don’t you feel like learning more about sesame oil after reading the above information? If yes, then here are few helpful tips that can reap excellent benefits for your skin and hair.
Sesame Oil: Skin Benefits
There are innumerable benefits of sesame oil for skin and beauty care. Listed below are few benefits:
1. Infused with antibacterial and healing properties, sesame oil speeds up the healing process of cuts and wounds. With its excellent anti-inflammatory properties, it also helps in curing several skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
2. It contains a powerful antioxidant, vitamin E, which helps in preventing free radical damage. Plus, it also hosts another antioxidant called Sesamol, which is effective in holding back the aging process and giving you an opportunity to look younger.
3. Sesame oil is a natural sunscreen. It prevents sun tan when applied to the exposed parts of your body before heading outdoors.
4. Essential fatty acids such as palmitic, oleic, linoleic, and stearic acid make this oil a good moisturizer. If applied on a regular basis, it keeps your skin soft and smooth.
5. Sesame oil is highly beneficial for treating cracked heels, extremely dry knees and elbows. o prevent excessive dryness during winters, sesame oil can be added in your bathing water.
6. The high viscosity of this oil helps it to penetrate deep into the skin and nourish it from within. A regular sesame oil massage improves circulation and repairs damaged skin cells, thereby rendering your skin a healthy glow.
Sesame Oil: Hair Benefits
7. When it comes to hair care, sesame oil once again has a lot to offer. Given below are some key benefits of sesame oil for hair:
8. Massaging the scalp and hair regularly with sesame oil can add instant sheen to your locks, leaving them strong and shiny.
9. Sesame oil works effectively to relieve several hair conditions such as dry scalp, dandruff, hair loss etc.
10. Sesame oil is an excellent natural hair conditioner. Simply mix it with a regular deep moisturizing conditioner and work it onto your hair and scalp thoroughly. Let the treatment sit for almost one hour before washing off. You may even leave it overnight for better results. Wash next morning to experience soft, bouncy, well-conditioned locks!!!
11. The oil has great penetrating properties and works wonders to revitalize the damaged hair by nourishing the hair and scalp from deep within.
12. A regular hot oil treatment using sesame oil enhances circulation in the scalp, stimulating the hair follicles to produce healthier strands. Moreover, it also strengthens the locks, thus keeping split ends and brittle hair at bay.
13. Stress is among the chief culprits behind hair loss. Due to its amazing cooling properties, sesame oil helps to relive stress and thus play a vital role in combating hair loss.
14. It works like a magic to soften up dry, rough hair and also helps preventing premature graying of hair.
15. Sun and UV protection is another wonderful benefit that sesame oil offers to your hair and scalp. In addition to sun protection, it also keeps other environmental factors away from wreaking havoc on your strands
Sesame Oil: How to Select and Store
Sesame oil has been a primary ingredient in several Asian cuisines for long time. However, it should be chosen wisely and stored sparingly, so that you can draw its maximum benefits. Here are some tips for selecting and storing sesame oil:
While buying sesame oil, look for the ones having light-golden color that is free from any discoloration, cloudiness or granules.
Store the sesame oil in a cool, dark place and make sure to use it within two months after opening. It is advisable to transfer the oil into a metallic bottle so its actual taste can be retained for long.
Sesame Oil: Tips for Usage (Cooking/Eating)
Replace your regular cooking oil with sesame oil while cooking curries. Simply pour a little amount of oil in a pan and sauté the food as usual. It can also be added in other oils for enhanced flavor.
You can use light sesame oil for deep frying. Since it has a high smoking point, light sesame oil doesn’t tend to burn at high temperatures. However, dark sesame should not be used for deep frying.
Sesame oil can also be used as salad dressing or can be incorporated into vinaigrette recipes such as grilled veggies or marinate meats to spice them up a bit more.
These are some of the best advantages of sesame oil. Let us know your response about the sesame oil in the comment box.